The Book of Toro slot gives you 10 paylines and two types of wild features that will surprise you with more than just expanding scatter pay symbols.
If you’ve ever played on video slots like Book of Dead or read the Book of Ra Deluxe review, you might know what to expect here.
Yes, you get an Ancient Egyptian theme, with hieroglyphic gems as high-paying symbols and Ace to 10 as low-paying symbols. It’s beautifully done, but not everything is as it seems.
That’s because this is a mix of two genres, the ‘Book of’ slots and… The Wild Toro slot from Elk Studios. So buckle up, because our Spanish matador is now an archeologist, and the fiery bull is now beating up mummies.
You might think mixing sunny Spain and ancient Egypt wouldn’t work, but trust us when we say that once you hit a couple of features here, you won’t care how it all came about.
Because at heart this Book of Toro mobile slot still follows the same rules of many of your favourites. The book is a wild symbol and a scatter.
3 or more will trigger 10 to 15 free spins with one symbol on the reel chosen as an expanding scatter pay. This symbol will expand to cover the reel and pay regardless of where they land on the reels, giving you huge wins.
Which is double that of Book of Tut slot or the Book of Bob game. So not only do you have a better paytable, but that’s not where the feature ends.
Much like in the Wild Toro 2 slot, the Bull symbol is also wild and walks on the screen on re-spin at a time, from reel 5 to reel 1. If a mummy shows up on the screen, that bull will rage, run across the reel and leave a trail of wild and a wild reel.
To give you a better chance of getting those wilds, the Mummy symbols will stay sticky on screen for one respin, potentially collecting more along the way.
That’s how you get that 10,000x your bet max win of this Book of Toro slot – by getting that bull on screen to wipe out the mummies and get multiple wild reels on the screen. Wild is the highest paying symbol of the lot after all.
(Lucky's note: We send out the latest and best casino bonuses when we get them. Don't miss out, sign up for our newsletter: Subscribe today!)
|Mobile Slot released||November 2021|
|Slot type||Video Slot|
|Slot reels / paylines||5 Reels / 10 Paylines|
|House edge / RTP||5% / 95%|
|Min/Max bet||0.20 / 100|
|Max win||10,000x your bet|
|Free spins||10, 15, or 20 Free Spins / Expanding Scatter Symbol|
|Bonus rounds||Toro Goes Wild, Mummy Respins, Walking Wilds|
|Slot Themes||Ancient Egypt|
The Wilds: There are two wild symbols, the wild book that is also a scatter, and the wild toro symbol. All replace other symbols to create a win on a payline.
Walking Wild with 5 Free Re-Spins: The Toro is the walking wild and only shows up on reel 5. The Toro moves one reel to the left on each respin until he spins out from the first reel. Book Wild/Scatter symbols also stay sticky on screen for as long as the Toro is on screen.
Mummy Respins: Two or more mummy symbols trigger a Mummy respin. The mummy locks into position and stays sticky during that respin. If you get further mummy's they also stay sticky and give you another respin. Why? Just so you can get a Toro on reel 5 and trigger the Toro Goes Wild Feature.
Toro Goes Wild Feature: If you get a Toro and a Mummy on the same spin, you'll get the Toro Goes Wild feature. Here, the Toro moves vertically and then horizontally to knock all mummy symbols off the reels, leaving a trail of wild symbols behind. This continues until no more mummy symbols are left.
Book Wilds and Free Spins: 3, 4, or 5 Book Scatter Wild Symbols anywhere on the screen will trigger 10, 15, or 20 free spins. A symbol is now randomly selected to act as an expanding scatter pay, which means they pay no matter where on the payline they fall and expand to cover the reel.
You can re-trigger the free spins up to three times, and get up to 3 expanding symbols on the reels.
A great addition to the genre, mostly because they mix up the features to give you a great overall game.
Book of Toro has a 5x3 10 payline slot with two wilds, lots of respins, free spins with an expanding scatter pay, and a big win of 10,000x your bet.
Add a decent RTP of 95% and a low minimum bet of 0.20 a spin, and you've got a great Elk Studios video slot to rival any 'Book of' games out there.
Review by Lucky Mobile Slots, last updated: January 24, 2022 - Rating
The theoretical RTP of the Book of Toro slot is 95%. That leaves you with a house edge of 5%.
The Book of Toro slot is a medium to high variance game, with wins coming from the Walking Wild Respins, Toro Goes Wild feature and Free Spins with Expanding Scatters.
The Book of Toro has a maximum win of 10,000x your total bet. At minimum bet of 0.20 per spin is 2,000 in cash and at max bet of 100 per spin is a huge 1,000,000.
You can play Book of Toro for free in demo mode at good Elk Studios casinos like Casumo casino. Depending on which country you're from though you might have to sign up and login to do so.