Folsom Prison
Play at Videoslots »
Folsom Prison
Folsom Prison Slot Logo

Folsom Prison Slot Review

Mobile Video Slot by No Limit City Play Now at Videoslots » More No Limit City Casinos
Min/Max Bet:

How to play Folsom Prison mobile slot

The Folsom Prison slot is an incredibly volatile game with a huge top win of 75,000x your bet – but can you escape its clutches and get the riches?

With 4-6-6-6-4 rows across 5 reels, you start playing with 16 ways to win and open up as many as 3456 win ways. So you know that you have many hoops to jump through to get the top wins, but the hoops are so interesting it doesn’t matter.

The Folsom Prison online slot has xWays, xSplits, Walking Wilds, and two free spin bonus features with expanding ways to win and a really high RTP of 96.07%.

Which is even higher than the Misery Mining slot, also by No Limit City, and definitely higher than the excellent Tombstone R.I.P slot. This game clearly has substance as well as style.

The Folsom Prison slot wilds

First things first: if you can take the Toast Bet and add 20% to your total bet. It guarantees you a scatter symbol on the second reel.

Why do you want that? Because 2 scatters in the middle row will always turn into XWays, XSplit, Wild or Cockroach Nest. And these symbols are the only ones that can open up the Folsom Prison slot reels and give you more ways to win.

XWays give you up to 4 symbols in one space, XSplit splits the reels it’s on, while the wild helps create wins. But it’s the Cockroach nest that is the star of the show.

This wild symbol helps create wins, but the cockroach will then go walking around the screen, opening up ways to win, leaving behind multipliers or even more wilds.

Even more cockroaches in the free spin bonus features

3 scatter symbols will trigger 8 free spins, and you are guaranteed one cockroach nest wild symbol on screen on each spin.

4 scatters won’t give you more spins, but instead, you’ll get 3 cockroach nests, allowing you to build up a bigger trail of multipliers and the kind of wins that may make you as rich as a mob boss.

Those little bugs will be your best friend in this dank and dirty Folsom Prison mobile slot, and we’ve personally seen wins of over 1,200x our bet, thanks to them.

But, don’t mistake this for a lightweight game. Much like xWays Hoarder xSplit slot or the True Grit Redemption review, the volatility here is crazy high and not for the faint of heart.

If you’ve never played casino slots online before, head over to Flip Royale instead. But if you know what you are getting yourself into, this is a one-of-a-kind experience with one-of-a-kind wins.

Game Screenshots

Folsom Prison slot stats

Mobile Slot releasedJune 2022
Slot typeVideo Slot
SoftwareNo Limit City
Slot reels / paylines5 Reels / 3456 Ways to Win
House edge / RTP3.93% / 96.07%
Slot volatilityHigh
Min/Max bet0.20 / 18
Max win75,000x your bet
Free spins8 Free Spins / Walking Wilds With Multipliers
Bonus roundsxWay, XSplit, Scatter, Wild, Walking Wilds, Multipliers, Free Spins, Buy Bonus
Slot ThemesHeist
Videoslots Casino Logo
Videoslots Casino site gives you over 5000 slots to pick from, over 100 different providers, free slot tournaments, and a generous welcome bonus offer to let you test out their slots site in style.
Try Videoslots Videoslots Review
18+ Gamble Responsibly | T&Cs Apply

Bonus Features

Expanding Reel Area: The base game starts with the 2 middle rows on the first 4 reels open, with every other part closed. A Wild, Scatter, xSplit, or xWays symbol landing on an open position opens up the closest locked position above and below on the respective reels.

Toast Bet: An extra 20% on top of your bet guarantees you a scatter symbol on the second reel. It doesn't affect the paytable values.

Wild: There are two types of wilds, the wild and the cockroach wilds in the bonus games. Both can land anywhere by reel 1 and will substitute for all other symbols in the base game.

Scatter: Scatters can only land on the middle 2 rows, reels 2-5 in the base game, and only reel 5 in Walk the Line Bonus.

If only 2 scatters land, they will transform into either an XWays, XSplit, Wild or Cockroach Nest.

Walk the Line: 3 scatters will trigger 8 Walk the Line Free spins. Landing a scatter here will award +2 spins (+1 extra if split) and upgrades any further Walk the Line Spins into The Chari Spins.

Each spin start with the center 2-4-4-4-2 row open and a minimum guaranteed cockroach wild.

The Chair: 4 scatters trigger 8 The Chair free spins. Any scatter symbols affected by XSplit triggers +1 spin.

Each spin start with the center 4-4-4-4-4 rows open and a minimum of 3 guaranteed cockroach wilds.

Cockroach Wild: The cockroach nest will always spawn in the open position on the middle 3 reels, starting your first spin with the next turning into wild. Any cockroaches will then wander around the screen adding random multipliers to the symbols, or adding wilds. The multiplier levels can be 1x, 2x, 3x, and 10x.

xWays: These can appear on any spin. These will reveal 2-4 symbols of the same kind and increase the number of winning ways. XWays will open 1 symbol above and 1 below on the same reel.

xSplit: These may appear on the central 2 rows on reels 2-5 in Folsom. They split the entire row they land on, doubling the number of ways for paying symbols. It also splits itself into 2 wilds.

Split scatters also award an extra spin when triggering the bonus. Split scatters will also open up additional locked cells. Cockroach nests increase their multiplier by one when split.

Buy Feature: You can buy the bonus at any point:

  • 68x your bet: Walk the Line Bonus
  • 1,500x your bet: The Chair Bonus
  • 82x your bet: 99% chance of winning Walk the Line or 1% chance of winning the Chair
  • 355x your bet: 80% chance of winning Walk the Line or 20% chance of winning the Chair
  • 784x your bet: 50/50 chance of winning Walk the Line or The Chair bonus


  • Huge 75,000x max win
  • Decent 96.02% RTP
  • Lots of bonus features including Free Spins


  • Very high volatility can eat your cash

Folsom Prison Review Conclusion

We love these NoLimit City slots with huge top wins, even if you do have to work hard to get anywhere near 75,000x your bet.

The Folsom Prison slot game is a slow burn, so be careful with your budget as you need a lot of cockroaches to get out alive.

But isn't that the point? You don't escape this penitentiary easily - otherwise, anyone could do it. And if you can do it, you'll walk away free from all worries.

Head over to your favourite mobile casinos online and see if you are the biggest bad a** in Folsom Prison.

Ready To Start Spinning?
Videoslots Casino Logo
Play at Videoslots »
Get 11 Free Spins Bonus + 100% up to €$200 Bonus T&Cs Apply

Play Folsom Prison Slot at one of our best slot sites

Review by Lucky Mobile Slots, last updated: June 20, 2022 - Rating 5

Back to Top

Ad Disclosure

Here at we are committed to providing you with unbiased slots reviews for free. In order to continue this we have affiliate links on our site from our trusted partners from which we may earn money at no extra cost to you. This helps us keep free for everyone to enjoy.